The basis for the manufacture of this product is a variety of fruits and berries, which makes it as useful as possible. Popular types of dried fruits: dates and prunes, dried apricots, raisins, figs. Most of the vitamins and minerals are transferred from the source of production, and their concentration increases. Our detailed review of dried fruits will help you understand the types: from the benefits with calorie content and BZHU, to use in cooking, indications and cost.
General characteristics: Made from grape fruits. There are 4 subspecies of raisins: light, dark, yellowish, amber. Dried fruits are divided into groups according to the color of the berries. The usefulness of the product is 10 times higher than that of grapes.
KBZhU: Proteins – 2.9 g, fats – 0.6 g, carbohydrates – 66.0 g. Caloric content per 100 g – 264 kcal.
Benefits: Regulation of water balance, normalization of digestion, cleansing the gastrointestinal tract from harmful accumulations, supporting the acidity of the body. Reduces cholesterol and blood pressure, and replenishes energy. It has a beneficial effect on the kidneys, heart, central nervous system, bones, skin and hair, teeth, oral mucosa.
Cons or harm: You can not raisins with diabetes, peptic ulcer, excess weight and high acidity of the stomach, gout, acute form of pancreatitis. They can be inside the bones, which, when chewed, damage the tooth enamel.
For whom raisins are useful: Athletes and people with increased mental or physical stress. Dried fruit for weight loss is possible, as the craving for sweets decreases, but only in moderate quantities, up to 30-50 g per day.
Where to add: In cereals, muesli, puddings and casseroles, cookies, muffins. On PP, curd casserole with raisins is very popular. This dried fruit is also used to make compotes and fruit drinks, sweets, bars, or just eat with a spoon for a snack. It is even added to meat or poultry as a filling.
Cost per 100 g: On average, from 40 to 150 rubles. Raisins are found everywhere on the shelves of both large markets and local shops.
Verdict: Raisins are a popular sweet dried fruit that takes on many of the beneficial properties of grapes, and their concentration even increases. There are a lot of carbohydrates in berries, but in small quantities, it is possible to lose weight. Athletes benefit from the ability of raisins to provide fast energy.
General characteristics: Dried from black plums. Popular varieties: Crooman and Stanley, Hungarian. They are sold with or without seeds. Only ripe fruits are used for production, very young or spoiled fruits are not taken.
KBZhU: Proteins – 2.3 g, fats – 0.7 g, carbohydrates – 57.5 g. Caloric content per 100 g – 231 kcal.
Benefit: Restoration of intestinal peristalsis and metabolic processes. This type of dried fruit is also useful for immunity, vision, kidneys, central nervous system and heart with blood vessels. Nervousness, insomnia are eliminated, edema decreases due to a slight diuretic effect, and the body is also toned.
Cons or harm: Prunes are contraindicated with a high degree of obesity and diabetes, ulcerative colitis. Overeating causes diarrhea, nausea, abdominal cramps, and bloating. You can not heat the fruit – a neurotoxin is formed.
For whom prunes are useful: For everyone in autumn, winter and spring due to seasonal lack of vitamins, for people with high physical activity. Dried fruit is recommended for problems with stool, colds, arthritis, atherosclerosis.
Where to add: To batter for casseroles, PP-muffins and puddings, yoghurts, cottage cheese, fruit salads, fruit drinks with compotes. Prunes are used with meat, poultry to soften the fiber, and also as a filling in pies.
Cost per 100 g: About 30-80 rubles. It is found everywhere, both in supermarkets by weight or in packages, and in regular stores.
Verdict: Prunes are from a range of dried fruits that have the greatest health benefits. Can be consumed while losing weight, as the fruits are rich in dietary fiber. Dried plums make an excellent nutritious snack.
3. DRIED APRICOTS
General characteristics: Halves of ripe apricots are dried. The quality is divided into grades: extra, highest, first, table. Other types of fruits: apricot (small fruit with seeds) and kaisa (large apricot without seeds).
KBZHU: Proteins – 5.2 g, fats – 0.3 g, carbohydrates – 51.0 g. 215 kcal per 100 g.
Benefit: Stabilization of the digestive tract, elimination of harmful substances, increase in hemoglobin in the blood, help in building muscle mass. Pressure builds up, inflammatory processes are stopped, anemia is prevented. Dried apricots are also useful for the liver, skeletal system, joints, and skin.
Cons or harm: In case of thyroid diseases, diabetes and ulcers, it is impossible. A lot of vitamins and antioxidants are lost from boiling, scalding or baking.
For whom dried apricots are useful: People with low hemoglobin, problems in the digestive tract, weakened immunity. It is recommended to include dried fruits on a proper diet and in the diet of athletes.
Where to add: To cottage cheese, sour milk products, salads, cereals, casseroles and base for PP desserts. Combines with turkey and beef. For compotes, fruit drinks, mixtures with other dried fruits, nuts, citrus fruits.
Cost per 100 g: About 30-90 rubles. One of the most affordable products on the list of dried fruits, sold in stores, supermarkets and the Internet.
Verdict: Dried apricots are needed to maintain physical fitness. In losing weight, you can also use it, since there is an indirect help in burning fat reserves. No more than 30-50 g is allowed per day. Fruits contain a lot of fiber and microelements.
General characteristics: They are made from the fruits of date palms. After drying, the product becomes chocolate-colored, very sweet and aromatic. Types by maturity (harak, rotab, tamar) and varieties (Ajva, Zahedi, Turi, Anbara).
KBZHU: Proteins – 2.5 g, fats – 0.5 g, carbohydrates – 69.2 g. Caloric content per 100 g – 274 kcal.
Benefit: Reducing the risk of heart and vascular pathologies, as well as cleansing of bad cholesterol, normalizing digestive functions. Toxins are removed, the immune system is strengthened, the brain is stimulated. The influence of dates extends to the liver, central nervous system, skin, reproductive functions.
Cons or harm: It is forbidden to use in case of diabetes mellitus, problems with the liver or pancreas, peptic ulcer and gastritis. Palm fruits cannot be combined with citrus fruits, as there will be a gastrointestinal upset.
For whom dates are useful: Everyone from hypovitaminosis during the seasons of shortage, cough and bronchitis, people with problems with bones, joints, stools. Dates are needed for athletes and those who are engaged in hard physical labor.
Where to add: Salad, vegetable stew, meat dish, pilaf. Syrups and compotes are cooked with dates. More often they are eaten separately. Combine with the rest of the set of dried fruits, nuts, seeds and honey.
Cost per 100 g: On average, 40-100 rubles. Not always found in small stores, but still quite common. It’s easy to find in supermarkets.
Verdict: Dates are a high-calorie and carbohydrate product. Therefore, when losing weight, dried fruit is possible only in a limited amount, up to 10 pieces. But fruits contain a lot of vitamins A, E, H, PP, and B, as well as potassium, calcium, copper, manganese.
5. DRIED FIGS
General characteristics: The fruits of the same name from the fig tree are sent for drying. The shape is flat, the color is light brown, the smell is medicinal. There is a lot of iodine in the composition, it is its aroma that is felt. It doesn’t hurt.
KBZhU: Proteins – 3.1 g, fats – 0.8 g, carbohydrates – 57.9 g. Calories per 100 g – 257 kcal.
Benefits: Calming effect on the central nervous system, strengthening the walls of blood vessels, protecting liver cells, regulating sugar and cholesterol, mild diuretic effect. A lot of useful substances that affect the skin, hair, eyesight, heart, hemoglobin level come from figs. Intestinal motility is also normalized.
Cons or harm: Prohibition of admission for stones in the urinary organs, ulcers or inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, low blood clotting rate. Allergy often develops on dried fruit. You need to remove it for diabetes, severe obesity.
For whom figs are useful: Slimming and physically active people, the elderly with impaired vision, women during menopause. It is recommended to include in the diet for colds, hypertension and anemia, gout, stress, insomnia.
Where to add: In a mixture of dried fruits, nuts, lemons and honey. Jams with compotes, filling for meat or pies, simmering in red wine are commonly used methods. Delicious PP desserts are made with figs.
Cost per 100 g: About 40-90 rubles. It is sold in stores with markets somewhat less often than other types of dried fruits.
Verdict: Figs are among the best-dried fruits due to the highest percentage of antioxidants and the presence of fiber. The process and metabolic rate are stabilized, the oxidation of adipose tissue cells is stimulated.
6. DRIED APPLES
General characteristics: Dry with thin plates or rings. In general, only small varieties are made. The most useful slices are light brown in color. The smell is much richer than fresh apples.
KBZhU: Proteins – 2.2 g, fats – 0.1 g, carbohydrates – 59.0 g. Caloric content per 100 g – 231 kcal.
Benefits: Reducing chronic inflammation, strengthening the heart muscle, as well as preventing plaque deposition, clearing cholesterol and toxins. Dried apples have an equally positive effect on digestion, sugar levels, central nervous system, bones and hair. Ingredients: vitamins B, C, K, E and iron, potassium, copper.
Cons or harm: Limited intake for diabetes, obesity. Overeating in most cases leads to gastrointestinal disorders, damage to the tooth enamel, weight gain. Apples need to be stored properly to avoid mold.
For whom dried apples are useful: Supporters of proper nutrition, healthy lifestyle and sports. Recommended for use in autumn and winter, as well as for people with a tendency to constipation, weak immunity, high cholesterol, joint diseases.
Where to add: To baked goods, pies, jam, mousse or ice cream, PP desserts, mixtures of nuts and other dried fruits. The most popular cooking method is compote. Dried apples can be eaten separately as a snack.
Cost per 100 g: On average 60-100 rubles. The product is found both in small stores and in large chains, but it does not always come across on the shelves.
Verdict: Dried apples are a great dried fruit for weight loss. You can from 10 to 30 g per day, no more. The product is rich in antioxidants, trace elements, fiber, and pectin. More used as a useful supplement to the diet.
7. DRIED MANGOES
General characteristics: Made from ripe fruits. It is cut into thin layers, sent to a dehydrator dryer, then covered with rice oil. The product is very sweet, refined with a delicate pleasant aroma.
KBZHU: Proteins – 1.5 g, fats – 0.8 g, carbohydrates – 81.6 g. Caloric content per 100 g – 314 kcal.
Benefit: Stimulation of metabolic processes, normalization of digestion, removal of harmful substances from the body. Insomnia, fatigue and stress are eliminated, prevention of anemia, hypertension, atherosclerosis is observed.
Cons or harm: From overeating – digestive disorders, colic, gas, as well as pain and cramps in the abdominal cavity. Reception for diabetics is limited. Minus in the possible processing of slices with chemicals that are harmful to health.
Who mangoes are good for: Gaining weight and keeping fit, active athletes, hard workers. Dried fruit in proper nutrition is needed, but not for weight loss, since there are a lot of carbohydrates.
Where to add: Salads, muesli, PP sweets and desserts. Add to fish or meat when baking, make jams and sauces on the basis of candied fruit. The main way of consumption is separate mango slices, as a snack.
Cost per 100 g: From 100 to 300 and more rubles. Finding is not always easy, but in many supermarkets and stores the product appears more and more often.
Verdict: Dried mangoes are high-calorie and carbohydrate dried fruits. From this, it follows that you need to limit weight loss, no more than 3-4 pieces per day. For nutritionists and athletes, this is a great snack
OTHER TYPES OF DRIED FRUITS
Pears, bananas, pineapples, peaches are also used for drying. They are made from berries, for example, cranberries or cherries, from coconuts, tomatoes. The benefits of these dried fruits are no less extensive than those of raisins, dried apricots or prunes.
- Dried pears. During drying, the fruits almost do not lose nutrients. A lot of potassium and iron, vitamins PP, C, carotene, folic acid, and pectins. Pears are useful for the heart, liver, kidneys, skin, and digestion. It is possible to even with diabetes and excess weight. Add to cereals, cottage cheese, and yogurts, compotes, tea, baked goods. Proteins – 2.3 g, fats – 0.6 g, carbohydrates – 62.6 g. Calories – 249 kcal.
- Dried bananas. Usually dried in thin circles. It contains potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron and manganese, selenium. Vitamins: carotene, B1, B2, and B6, C. Bananas saturate with energy and improve mood, support digestion, strengthen the heart. Best use is a separate snack. But you can add it to porridge in the morning. Proteins – 3.9 g, fats – 1.8 g, carbohydrates – 80.5 g. Calories – 390 kcal.
- Dried pineapples. Often produced in the form of rings or small candied fruits. The composition is rich in vitamins C and B group, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium, zinc. Stress goes down, immunity gets stronger, and the digestive tract works better. Dried fruits can be used for weight loss. Pineapples are used in baked goods, desserts, muesli, cereals, or eaten separately as a snack. Proteins – 2.8 g, fats – 0.6 g, carbohydrates – 66.9 g. Calorie content – 255 kcal.
- Dried peaches. Dried fruits are fragrant, nutritious, and refreshing. They contain potassium, iron with phosphorus, manganese, and copper, vitamins E, K, A, and group B. Peaches have high antioxidant activity. Fruits are useful for the heart, gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system, gallbladder, and blood. In cooking, they are used for juices, jams, compotes, preserves, desserts. Proteins – 3.0 g, fats – 0.4 g, carbohydrates – 57.7 g. Total of 254 kcal.
- Dried coconuts. Chips retain their coconut flavor and aroma, acquire a light beige color. A lot of selenium, copper, zinc and manganese, potassium, B vitamins, and fatty acids. Chips are good for muscles, heart with blood vessels, digestion, and energy metabolism. The type of dried fruit is popular as a snack, an addition to porridge, muesli, dessert. Proteins – 5.9 g, fats – 35.5 g, carbohydrates – 55.8 g. Caloric content 566 kcal.
- Dried papaya. The taste of the fruit vaguely resembles a melon. The composition is rich in potassium, manganese, and magnesium, iron, lycopene, vitamins C and group B. Papaya activates metabolic processes, improves digestion, removes cholesterol. Candied fruits can be eaten separately or with porridge, cottage cheese, muesli. Add to healthy desserts. Proteins – 0.2 g, fats – 0.3 g, carbohydrates – 81.7 g. Calorie content – 327 kcal.
- Dried cranberries. The taste is very sweet but pleasant. It contains dietary fiber, vitamins PP, K and C, E, group B, potassium, manganese, iron, and selenium. Dried fruit does not lose its usefulness when it is dried. Berries neutralize radicals, improve sleep. Fruits are useful for blood vessels, immunity, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, brain. Used in desserts, drinks, cereals. Proteins – 0.1 g, fats – 1.4 g, carbohydrates – 76.5 g. Total of 308 kcal.
- Dried cherries. Berries can be stored for a long time because this is the best choice for winter when there is a shortage of nutrients. A lot of potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, fiber, and vitamins C, A, group B. Fruits increase hemoglobin, give energy and strength, improve digestion. Add to muffins, pies, casseroles, cereals. Proteins – 1.5 g, fats – 0.0 g and carbohydrates – 73.0 g. 100 g contains 290 kcal.